Elins Nails: Blue and Yellow Flower Nails - Inspired by a book

15 August, 2013

Blue and Yellow Flower Nails - Inspired by a book

Blue and Yellow Flower Nails by Elins Nails


Today my design is inspired by a book. This is what happened when I am out of ideas and look for inspiration around me. I looked through my book shelf's to find a book with a cool cover you could make a great design out of. After a while I found one and this is the results of that.





The book I got inspired by is this book 'The Summer I Turned Pretty'. It's a great book by Jenny Han, which I recommend to all teen girls out there. 


The Summer I Turned Pretty by Elins Nails




To do this design I started with a base coat and then two layers of white. Then to make it pretty easy for me I used a dotting tool and started making yellow dots over the nails. Then with a striping brush I made blue stripes from the yellow dots. I didn't do them perfectly because I thought it brought a little charm to it. Then I added another yellow dot over the old dot to hide those blue stripes that came over the yellow dot. 




On my ring finger I only made one a little bigger flower to make it some kind of accent nail. 


The nail polish I used of this is -


Base coat - Isadora - Second Nail
White - Nail Girls - Snow White Tips
Blue - China Glaze - Flyin' High
Yellow - Face Stockholm - 171
Top coat - Nails Inc - Caviar Top Coat


Thank you for checking in and please do it again!




No comments :

Post a Comment