Elins Nails: Butterfly Nail Art

08 April, 2013

Butterfly Nail Art

It seems like spring is finally here for real this time. I think I may have celebrated it a little to early when I said it the last time, of course it started snowing after that. But now this good weather been holding on for a while so I think it's finally time to celebrate that spring is here, for real this time.

Because of this I wanted to do something springy, and purple. That's what I had in my mind so that was what I did.

I started thinking about this design I seen everywhere on the internet already. When I think about spring I think about the flowers which starts blossoming and the animal life wakes up after the cold winter. So that's why my nails currently have a butterfly design on them.
Butterfly Nails by Elins Nails


For this design I started of with a base coat, which is a must to protect your nails. And then I made a purple gradient. I don't think I really gotten the hold of this gradient thingy, but I still keep doing it. But practice makes perfect right? I did the gradient with a make up sponge which I used to just dab the lighter purple on the darker purple.


Butterfly Nail Art by Elins Nails

Then I took a striping brush and with black nail polish I first made a curved line at the bottom of the nail. And then from the curved line I made more curved lines to the tip of the nail. After that I made some small curvy lines between the curved lines. And this is starting to sound pretty funny, loads of curved lines. Then I painted black on the tip of the nail from the small curved lines and up. With a dotting tool I made white dots on the black tip. 


This is how it looks when you see it from the right side. 


The nail polishes I used for this design is -


Don't forget the base coat. 
Darker purple - Mavala - Samarkand
Lighter Purple - OPI - You're Such A Budapest 
Black -  Isadora - Gothic Black
White - OPI - Alpine Snow
Top coat - Seche Vite

Thanks for checking out my blog, you are welcomed back anytime. 




No comments :

Post a Comment