Elins Nails: Sunset Inspired Nails - including glitter and studs.

30 July, 2013

Sunset Inspired Nails - including glitter and studs.

Today I wanted to do a gradient, and because of all the beautiful sunsets right now I let my gradient be inspired by that. I don't know if it turned out the way I hoped, but I'm pretty satisfied with it anyways and think it ended up pretty good and thats what counts doesn't it?




For this design I have three different orange colors. I started with base coat and then two coats of the lightest orange color. Then to do the gradient I took a make up sponge and painted all the three shades of orange on it. You have to put on quite a few layers because the sponge takes in a lot of the nail polish. Then I just dabbed it on the nail. Did this a few times letting it dry between to get the results that I wanted. 

It was the first time I did a gradient like this and I'm pretty happy about how it turned out. The only thing I think I didn't do so good was the I dabbed it to low on the nail and it didn't get so much of the lightest color in the end. But practice makes perfect and I'm sure I will think about that the next time I do a gradient.



To make it all a little funnier I added a holographic top coat on it. Then to make it a little special I wanted to make a fun accent nail. So I went though my boxes and found some studs I never used. The first one I put on I just put on the the wet top coat. But then I thought it would probably look better if I added some more studs. But by then the top coat had dried and I had to use some glue. And to just sum it up it didn't end so well which you can probably notice. But my favorite saying is practice makes perfect so I will just stick with that now too. 

The nail polish I used for this -



Base coat - Isadora - Second Nail
Lightest orange - Mavala - Fresh Melon
Middle Orange - Isadora - South Beach 
Darkest Orange - Ciaté - Speed Dial
Holographic top coat - Ciaté - Halo
Top coat - Seche Vite 

Please tell me what you think about this design, I love to hear it!





No comments :

Post a Comment