Elins Nails: Colorful Striped Nails

23 January, 2013

Colorful Striped Nails

Here comes an new design that I have no idea what to call. It's a pretty abstract, and very colorful. Which I like, to light up the ugly gray weather outside. Really don't want more snow now.

The design is inspired by a painting I saw on instagram which you can find here.

Colorful Striped Nails by Elins Nails

To do this design I started with base coat to protect my nails. Then I painted all the nails with 2 layers of white to have a good base so I didn't have to use how many layers of the colors I used over it. Then when it was completely dry I took a brush and just started to doing different triangle shapes over the nails in different colors. 

Colorful Striped Nail Art by Elins Nails

After some time when I finishes all the triangles in all the different colors, I took a striping brush and first painted black lines around the edges of all the colors triangles. Then I did lines inside the triangles. 

I'm really happy with this design, it took some time but it was all worth it I think. 

The nail polishes I used are these -


Base coat - Isadora - Second Nail
White - China Glaze - White Out
Pink - Essie - Splash Of Grenadine
Blue - Ciaté - Headliner



Purple - H&M - Liberty Girl
Yellow - Ciaté - Big Yellow Taxi
Pink - H&M - Pink Preppy


Green - Mavala - Pistachio
Blue - H&M - Turquoise 
Purple - H&M - Lilac Plum
Beige - Ciaté - Cookies And Cream


Black - Isadora - Gothic Black
Top Coat - Seche Vite

What did you think of this design, please leave a comment below!








No comments :

Post a Comment