Elins Nails: Spring Nails - Colorful Flower Nails

06 March, 2013

Spring Nails - Colorful Flower Nails

Spring is finally here. This morning my thick winter jacket went into the closet, the sun is shining and the birds are singing their songs. This I'm celebrating with some new nails. I'm gonna apologize for my lack of inspiration lately. Hoping I full of inspiration now when the gray winter days are over.

When I did these nails I wanted color, fun colors, springy colors. I couldn't chose just a few ones, I wanted as many as possible. These nails even gave me a little vintage feeling over these, but maybe that's only me? But I'm satisfied with these and think they are pretty .... springy?

Also apologizing for my cuticles. Can't find my cuticle cream, I'm almost panicking. Then the flash makes it even worse. You have to look at my nails extra much, and I will try finding a new cuticle cream!

Colorful Flower Nails by Elin

For this I started with base coat. Then I painted all nails with two layers of white. Then two shades of the color you want from the flowers and the green for the leaf. One light and one darker. You can do all the flowers in on color if you don't want to. I just wanted to be really colorful. The flowers are done with a a kinda big dotting tool first with the darker color. Then with a smaller dotting tool I made some pattern with the lighter color. 


Colorful Flower Nail Art by Elins Nails

With a small brush I painted the leaf with the dark green. Then I made some thinner line with the lighter green over that. It doesn't really show in the picture put it looks good in real life. 


My thumb is checking in too, to show you another color combo. 

The nail polishes I used for this is - 


White - OPI - Alpine Snow
Dark orange - Ciaté - Speed Dial
Light Orange - Mavala - Fresh Melon
Dark Blue - Sephora - Curaçao
Light Blue - China Glaze - Kinetic Candy


Dark Yellow - China Glaze - Sunshine Pop 
Light Yellow - Ciaté - Big Yellow Taxi
Dark Purple - Rimmel - Ultra Violet
Light Purple - OPI - You're Such A Budapest


Dark Pink - H&M - City 
Light Pink - Gina Tricot - Candyfloss
Dark green - Viva La Diva - 056
Light Green - Ciaté - Mojito
Top coat - Seche Vite

I hope you like this design as much as I do. 

Might write here that you can follow me on instagram - elinbeliebs. There come up some behind the scenes sometimes and sometimes designs come up here sometimes earlier then here.


No comments :

Post a Comment