Elins Nails: Ikat Nails

14 March, 2013

Ikat Nails

I just got home with two new nail polishes, both from OPI's collection Euro Central. I know directly that I wanted to do something with both those nail polishes. So then I came up with the Ikat design. It's a pretty easy design that lets you be a little sloppy and still get a good results.

Ikat Nails by Elins Nails

Before doing anything I started with a base coat. Then I painted all my nails blue. Then with the nail polish brush I added some random spots with the pink nail polish. Then I took the white and made some spots in the pink. Then with a striping brush I made small black lines all around it and then in the middle of the white too. Then because I wanted more pink I added more pink over the black in the middle, but this isn't something you have to do.

The nail polishes I used -


Always start with a base coat. 
Blue - OPI - Can't Find My Czechbook
Pink - OPI - Suzi's Hungary Again
White - OPI - Alpine Snow
Black - Isadora - Gothic Black

Then I had Seche Vite top coat over that but forgot to include that in the picture. 

Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope to see you around again. 








No comments :

Post a Comment